The non-slip underlay sold by Ocean Rugs is of the highest quality, very lightweight, works on carpet and on hard flooring and is made in Germany. It will not leave any sticky residue and will last the lifetime of the rug and beyond.
Our non-skid underlay will play a major safety role preventing rugs from wrinkling, moving or buckling on any floor surface. It is also excellent to add comfort and sound proofing to the rug when stepped on.
If you would like to purchase our underlay please follow the link here.
It is adhesive-free, needle punched acrylic resin into polyester fleece. This technique ensures no residues will be left on the floor.
It has 260g of fleece per sqm for extra cushioning and rigidity.
Please follow our installation and care guide to get the most of your rubber underlay.
Floor Preparation and installation
Prior to installing underlay, the floor should be vacuumed, clean and dry. Please do not install Ocean Rugs underlay on a wet floor or recently varnished floor.
Roll up your rug, then place Ocean Rugs underlay on the floor and unroll your rug on top of the underlay slowly, ensuring it is symmetrically on top of the non-slip underlay.
We recommend the underlay to be 3 to 5 cm smaller than your rug.
If several pieces of underlay are necessary for one rug, simply apply as many pieces as needed, side-by-side. Taping or splicing is not necessary.
Carpet or Hard Flooring
Our non-slip underlay can be installed onto any kind of flooring. You do not have to turn it any particular way.
It can be installed on any kind of carpet and hard flooring such as wood, marble, tile, laminate and vinyl, just to give some examples. It is completely harmless to the surfaces it is placed on.
The light cushioning effect allows the pad and the rug to breathe together with no risk of oxidation or discoloration to any flooring surface. Ocean Rugs non-slip underlay will not give a permanent bond to the floor and most importantly it can be repositioned.
Good to Know:
- Our underlay is machine washable at a maximum of 40˚C without detergent, for easy cleaning and to restore functionality if soiled. Unfortunately, the use of detergent will wash away the acrylic resin.
- Ocean Rugs rug gripper can be use on radiating residential flooring as long as the temperature of the floor does not exceed 32 degrees centigrade.
- Our underlay can also be used outdoors.
- Should the underlay not be used according to instructions, we cannot guarantee that the non-slip properties of the underlay may not wear out faster than usual.
- Our underlay can be trimmed using household scissors or a utility knife.
Ocean Rugs non-slip underlay achieved OEKO-TEX STANDARD 100 certification, which is the highest standard tested against harmful substances and heavy metals.
Your order of underlay will be shipped within 24 hours of ordering and should be with you within a few days.